How far along: 16 weeks. Can’t believe Baby Bear has been cooking for four months! I haven’t seen much change in the bump over the past week, though.
Baby’s size: Everyone says the size of an avocado. I tried to look for other things that were that size because I don’t like avocados, with no luck. Anyone know of anything?
Weight gain: According to the doctor’s office, I have only gained 1 lb since I was there a month ago. Not sure how that’s possible, and my scale at home says otherwise, but let’s go with it. Bring on the donuts! (Just in case you were wondering, my midwife is unconcerned about the low number on the scale)
Sleep: Sleep has still been good besides having to get up to pee throughout the night. I got a Snoogle pregnancy pillow, which so far is pretty snuggly and delightful. Allan calls it a “tentacle monster” but he already called dibs on it once I’m not pregnant.
Clothes: Ordered my first maternity top this week, plus a couple of open-front cardigans.
Cravings: Still mostly sweet stuff, but let’s be real–I’m always craving sweet stuff, pregnant or not.
Food aversions: Still haven’t really gotten back into the salad thing.
Symptoms: My dreams have been super weird and vivid! The ones I remember have been about weddings, conferences, and summer camp. Everyone beware: if I’ve met you before, there’s a good chance you at least had a cameo in one of my dreams. My gums are also bleeding, so it’s definitely time for that dentist appointment.
Movement: You’re supposed to be able to feel some movement between 16 and 22 weeks, so I have been trying to see if I can feel something. So far, nothing I can definitely say is from the baby.
Baby’s sex: Managed to get through another doctor’s appointment without finding out!
Highlight of the week: Hard to pick just one…last weekend’s anniversary trip was awesome, but so was hearing the heartbeat again and getting a good check-up!
What I’m reading: I got rid of “What I miss” this week because I think it’s kind of lame, but maybe I’ll bring it back later. So far the pregnancy/parenting things I’ve read include:
- Expecting Better by Emily Oster – really enjoyed this one. Super interesting.
- Up to about the 17th week of What to Expect When You’re Expecting – classic. Kind of enjoy the overabundance of information that will never apply to me.
- About halfway through Pregnancy Sucks by Joanne Kimes – I liked this at first and found it funny, but now I’m mostly kind of sick of her complaining (which I realize is the point of the book)
- Amalah – I’ve read this one for a while. It’s one woman’s blog about raising her three boys outside DC. I just love it.
- Mommyish – This website/blog makes me chuckle. The STFU, Parents blogger has a column here too.
- Alphamom – Great stuff in the archives, and I enjoy Amalah’s Ask Amy column.
- Pregnant Chicken – This isn’t really updated much anymore, but the archives are enjoyable and the Facebook page is good.